Pecan Nut Oil
Available in 250ml
Pecan nut oil is an edible pressed oil extracted from the pecan nut. The main application of this oil is its use in cooking. It has a high smoking point of 243.33 ⁰C making it ideal for cooking at high temperatures and for deep frying. The mild nutty flavor enhances the flavor of ingredients, making it a popular component of salad dressings and dips.
Pecan oil is much lighter than olive and is well suited for everyday cooking. It also generally does not contain preservatives or additives. Pecan oil is a good substitute for butter and other cooking oils, making it suitable for baking. It is recommended that the oil be refrigerated after opening to increase life and reduce rancidity.
- Salad dressings
- Digestive health: Pecan oil may promote colon health and helps regulate bowel movements.
- Bone and tooth health: Pecans are rich in phosphorus. Phosphorus may promote healthy bones and teeth.
- Skin health and repair: Pecans contain zinc and vitamins A and E, which play an important role in maintaining healthy skin. The zinc may help keep skin healthy by guarding against infections, while the vitamins, which are antioxidants, give you a clear complexion.
- Preventing iron deficiency: Pecans are high in iron which can help prevent conditions such as anemia.
- Blood pressure regulation: The high magnesium levels in pecans can help to lower blood pressure, plus pecans also have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cardiovascular health: Pecans are a rich source of fiber, which may reduce the risk of disease, especially of the heart
- Immune system support: Pecans contain manganese, which is a very powerful antioxidant and can be great for enhancing your immune system